Hey and welcome!
I’m Penny, a blogger, writer, photographer, and vegan. I live in Austin, Texas with my partner Luke and our cat Sookie.
When I went vegan in November of 2015, I had so many questions! Like how do I eat pizza now? And what’s a great vegan red lipstick? Is wine vegan? Can I still shop at Sephora? How do vegan athletes eat? And of course, where can I get some vegan tacos & queso?
Since I didn’t know any other vegan people in real life yet, I turned to blogs for help and found a lot of great info. Not long after, I decided to start my own blog where I could share all of my favorite things and help others on their vegan and cruelty free journey as well.
Some other fun facts about me:
- I’ve been blogging since 2011 (or earlier if you count MySpace, haha.)
- I graduated from the University of Texas.
- I’ve taken photography classes at ACC, the AMOA, and have won various awards/had my photos displayed in art galleries.
- If you are what you eat, then I’m a (sometimes sweet) potato.
- Some of my fave shows are The Office, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Stranger Things, True Blood, Riverdale, Veronica Mars, and Twin Peaks.
- My Hogwart’s house is Slytherin.
- My favorite places to travel to are Disney World and Las Vegas.
You can contact me at pennysportal [at] gmail [dot] com and find me on Pinterest, Bloglovin, Instagram, and as of recently, Youtube and Tik Tok. (I also have Facebook & Twitter, but I don’t use those as much lately.)
*My Technological Ease Sigil shirt is from Hauntwell, and I use oVertone for fiery hair. I usually shoot with my Nikon d610 (the camera in this photo is my old d5100, the 610 is what I used to shoot it.) I love self portraits!