Who else is excited about the Riverdale Season 2 premiere tomorrow?! And what better way to celebrate than by making milkshakes inspired by Pop’s Chock ‘Lit Shoppe! These milkshakes are quick and easy to make (and vegan friendly of course), and oh so delicious!
Feel free to adjust the ice cream to milk ratio to your liking. I prefer thick shakes, so as they melt, they’re the perfect consistency, but if you prefer thinner shakes, add more plant milk. The flavor and sweetness of vegan ice cream also varies by brand, so you may want to use more or less chocolate syrup, vanilla, or sugar as needed.
These make enough to fill up the old fashioned 13oz soda glasses I used. Since I couldn’t find vegan whipped cream in a can, I used a cake decorator (with no tip) to add the vegan whip on top. (I thawed it first by microwaving it for 20 seconds.) *Update: I’ve found vegan whipped cream in a can at Whole Foods!*
Chocolate ice cream isn’t usually my favorite flavor, but the double chocolate shake was actually my favorite of the three…so either my tastes are changing, or it’s just that delicious!
I had so much fun recreating the misty, dark feel of Riverdale for these photos and love how they came out. What do you think?
Do you watch Riverdale? Who are your favorite characters? What flavor of Pop’s milkshake would you order? Let me know in the comments!
Also, check out all of my Riverdale posts (Cheryl Blossom cosplay, Betty cosplay, and more!) here!
Riverdale Inspired Milkshakes
- Double Chocolate
- 1 3/4 cups vegan chocolate ice cream
- 1/4 cup plant milk I used vanilla soy
- 2 Tablespoons vegan chocolate syrup I used the Whole Foods brand
- 1 3/4 cup vegan vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup frozen strawberries thawed
- 1/8 cup plant milk
- 2 Tablespoons organic sugar
- Old Fashioned Vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups vegan vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup plant milk
- 1/2-1 teaspoon vanilla
- Toppings Optional
- Whipped cream
- Fresh strawberry
- Cocoa nibs chocolate shavings, or chocolate chips
- Add ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, adding more plant milk as needed. For the strawberry version, add the strawberries and sugar first, blend, and then add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. If needed, add more vanilla, chocolate syrup, or sugar.
- Add whipped cream, a strawberry, or other toppings. Since I couldn't find vegan whipped cream in a can, I used a cake decorator to add the whipped cream on top.