My friend Julien and I have a tradition of watching all of the Scream movies every October, and this past weekend we wanted an easy and delicious dinner to go with Scream 3 (aka the one with Scott Foley). We decided to make epic vegan nachos…and they ended up coming out looking spooky without us even trying! #spookylife.
The key is to use blue corn tortilla chips or other dark colored chips! We also added vegan cheese shreds which contrasted well with the dark chips, and we added black beans, buffalo popcorn tofu, coconut bacon, guacamole, vegan queso, and salsa, because when we cook we like to go all out, even if it’s something easy like nachos.
We used Wheatsville’s delicious vegan/gluten free popcorn tofu as well as their vegan queso and premade guacamole, but you could also chop up vegan chicken like Gardein or Beyond Chicken and use any vegan queso/cheese sauce or make your own popcorn tofu/vegan queso/guac. You could even sub buffalo cauliflower for popcorn tofu if you want more veggies in these. We also saw some coconut bacon and had never tried it/decided to add it, and it added a unique flavor to the already epic nachos.
What are your fave nacho toppings? Have you made any spooky foods? Let me know in the comments!
Spooky Vegan Nachos
- 1 bag blue corn tortilla chips
- 1 15 ounce can black beans
- Vegan cheese shreds I used about 3/4 of an 8 ounce bag
- Optional toppings:
- Vegan chicken I used Buffalo popcorn tofu from Wheatsville
- Vegan queso
- Coconut bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (191 C). Drain and rinse black beans.
- Lay out tortilla chips on a parchment lined baking sheet and top with black beans, vegan cheese shreds, and vegan chicken/coconut bacon if using.
- Bake until heated throughout and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Heat up vegan queso in the microwave and add on top along with guacamole and salsa.